There comes a time in everyone's life where you get a reality check. Everyone knows what I'm talking about. You look in the mirror and you say to yourself, self you look like death. And it's not even on the outside per say but the mirror reflects the inside as well. TERRIBLE.
That was my morning. I woke up this morning, made a phone call, and after that call realized it was gonna be one of those days. Naturally I became scared to even go into the bathroom, cause without fail I would be looking back at myself, a reflection that I didn't know I would want to see. So I eventually went into the bathroom and gave myself a nice run down, the reality check. And what was staring back I can't even quite tell you. The interesting thing about self evaluation is the thought "how did I let myself get this far?" I mean I think of ther person I am, who I once was, and who I want to become. And nothing matches up, not in a good way. I am an average girl with average looks, average thoughts, and an average life which at points is quite exciting I will agree. But over all, average. And who wants to be average? Yes I hit that point. And those of you who know me best know what that means. It is time to once again reinvent myself in a sense and go back to being the girl I want to become. Yeah it seems a little boring to me at the moment compared to the life I am leading now, but lets be honest here. The life I am leading now is hectic, unexpected, unpredictable, DANGEROUS. Oh yes. This is so unlike me. I like plans, structure, balance. How did I let myself get so out of control? Lack of control. So it's time to slap myself in the face and pull it together. Maybe then I can look in the mirror and recognize the girl staring back at me, not this beautiful disaster I saw this morning.....
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment