Saturday, September 5, 2009

Chivalry is dead

When I think about Utah dating there is only one thing that comes to mind....a bunch of mormon douche bags who only want two things.....marriage or a hook up. Really?! And do you think I want either right now? No. What are we? 19 when hooking up was exciting and everyone convinced you that marriage was a good idea? Thats right. Then you hit 22 and you realize hooking up just makes you feel used and marriage is by far the worst idea possible at the moment. But would it kill a guy to take me out on a date? Really I'm not even that hard to please. I'm not like these snotty Utah girls who make you work for everything you got (although maybe I should convert to the dark side and become one) but why do I not feel like I'm good enough for a guy to take me on a date? I have this sorority sister and I love her to death. She is beautiful and....a typical Utah girl. She has zero personality, nothing intellegent to say, and it totally wrapped up in herself. And guys fall all over her! She gets asked out on SO many dates. It like do I have to loose 50 pounds and not have a brain for a guy to decide I'm worth the effort? At this point I'm just becoming over it. I am so far beyond over the idea that guys want to date me. I'm SO over hearing "oh I'm so in love with you but taking you out on a date and making time is just asking too much." Or my favorite these days is "I dont want it to get confusing right now." But better than that is "Don't hook up with anyone else but me and Ill do the same. But oh wait. Make sure you dont find out I'm on a dating website." Like to guys think I'm stupid? Do they think I believe the lies when they say the conviently left their phone at work? Do they think I actually believe them when they say they want to take things slow but can't even find time to make an effort. Guess what this spells out guys? It says, "Hi I think you are hot enough to make out with but not important enough to take out. You are the girl of convience until I find someone hotter and better than you." Sweet. Grand. I would rather be single for the rest of my life (Which lets be honest. I'm against marriage right now so that's exactly where I'm headed) than be stuck with all of these moron ass holes who are the biggest waste of my life. I'm over it. Really. Over it. Screw dating. Screw relationships. Screw love. Over it.

1 comment:

  1. I am in the same boat at the moment! I totally sympathize with you right now!

    ReplyDelete