Sunday, December 13, 2009

before the new year

Isn't it weird that you think you have life figured out and then you feel like you are back to the beginning? It's like the second before my life comes together it all fall back apart. I wouldn't say that my life is falling apart but I can't figure out my life at this point. I have all of these conflicting things going on in my life. It's like my life is taking control of me instead of me taking control of my life. I am turning 23 in a month. I am not where I thought I would be when I turned 23. When I was little I use to say i would wait until I was 21 to get married. In mormon years that was old. When I was 16 I was set on going to law school. I wanted to travel abroad by the time I graduated college. I was going to move out of the state of Utah the DAY I graduated college. I was going to.....do so many things. I am starting to feel like I don't even want to make plans anymore, because nothing ever works out. I take the appropriate steps and precautions to make sure things happen the way they are suppose to. But nothing ever works out how i thought it would. So now I don't know where I should go from here. It's funny how everyone else in my life seems to know the direction I should take except for myself. When did making decisions in life get so complicated? Why can't I just go back to being 10 and start life all over again. Oh all of the things I would have changed. It's funny how people say live your life with no regrets. But who can live their life with no regrets when there are so many things in my life I wish I had never done, things that would have changed the direction I let my life take me. So how do I take back some control? And how do I decide where I want to go? After two years, I'm still single. After four years of college I work in retail. After four and a half years in utah, I'm still here. Ineed to figure out what I want in life. And I feel like I have one month to get it together before I start another year not knowing what I want....

1 comment:

  1. Darling Lauren, I promise you are not the only one. Everyone feels like this & believe me...I never thought I'd be back in Utah!!

    ReplyDelete